Looking for new ideas to liven up your menu? Look no further. We have 11 new pizza ideas for 2011, based on an annual report of restaurant trends by the National Restaurant Association.
- Teriyaki Rice Pizza: Chicken strips sautéed with broccoli, carrots, celery and onions in a teriyaki sauce; spread on crispy rice crust—made with rice, an egg and mozzarella cheese
- Peach & Pecan Pizza: Chicken strips, sharp cheddar cheese, peaches and pecans on an oil-brushed crust; drizzled with balsamic vinegar
- Spaghetti & Meatball Pizza: Italian-style meatballs, red peppers and mushrooms tossed in a mixture of spaghetti sauce and pureed carrots; spread over a thin layer of spaghetti noodles on a pizza crust and topped with mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- Deconstructed Eggroll Pizza: Pork sausage, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, water chestnuts, olive oil and soy sauce; drizzled with sweet and sour sauce
- Sunnyside Up Egg Pizza: Breakfast sausage and goat cheese, topped with a sunnyside egg on an oil-brushed crust
- Antipasto Pizza: Salami, pepperoni, artichokes, red peppers, black olives, garlic, tomatoes, oregano and parsley tossed with Italian dressing and topped with feta cheese
- A Pizza Taco: Italian sausage, seasoned ground beef, pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers and onions on a 12-inch flatbread; bake with flatbread folded over like a taco and top with lettuce, taco sauce and sour cream when out of oven
- Croque Madame Pizza: Ham and gruyere cheese , topped with an egg on an oil-brushed crust
- Surprise Crust Pizza: Italian sausage, mushrooms, green peppers, onions and pizza sauce on a crust with bacon rolled in the edges
- Perfect Pear Pizza: Italian sausage, brie, pears and walnuts topped with romaine lettuce tossed in oil and red wine vinegar
- Kids Mac ‘N’ Cheese Pizza: Bacon and macaroni noodles, tossed in a cheese sauce and pureed squash; topped with cheddar cheese
Start with our pizza ideas; then add your inspiration to create signature recipes that keep your customers coming back for more. For more menu ideas, visit our recipe page at www.BurkeCorp.com/Recipes.
To continue this conversation, please leave us a comment at the bottom of this post or email us at BurkeBlog@BurkeCorp.com.
New Menu Idea | Ultimate Walking Tacos
It’s easy! Crush a single serving bag of corn chips and then cut the bag open along the side. Layer Tezzata® Mexican-Style Beef Crumbles, onion, jalapeno peppers, black beans, lettuce, corn, salsa and cheese on top of crushed chips. Top with sour cream, guacamole and cilantro; grab your fork and WALK!
Also try Tezzata® Mexican-Style meats in pizza, tacos, nachos, enchiladas, burritos, chili and sandwiches.
Start with our menu ideas; then add your inspiration to create signature recipes that keep your customers coming back for more.