Meat Your Menu with this New Menu Idea from Burke- Italian-Style Meatballs with Toasted Ravioli.
Italian-Style Meatballs, freshly sliced bell peppers and toasted cheese ravioli stacked on a wooden skewer. Oven-baked and finished with an Italian dressing drizzle.
Request a sample today.
NEW PRODUCT RELEASE
Burke introduces new coarse-ground sausage offering great flavor, texture and appearance.
Burke Corporation, leader in fully cooked meats and pizza toppings, is bringing out a great sausage to make your great pizza even better. It’s succulent and delicious like never before and its coarse ground nature will offer customers a firm texture and a better bite.
Patrons who taste this sausage love the eye-appeal of its toast points and authentic hand-pinched look. This exceptional taste and texture are available in two customer favorites:
Traditional Sweet Mild Italian – Whole fennel and black pepper
Spicy Italian – Whole fennel, black pepper, red pepper, garlic and paprika
Each is available in 4/oz. and 8/oz. sizes to give you options for coverage and appearance in your pizza creation.
Your passion for pizza is shared by Burke, and we offer more than 1,200 ways to create your pizza with fully cooked meat toppings – we’ll help you find just the right ones for your operation. And, with the addition of these great tasting sausages, your customers will have even more reasons to love your pizza. Also, your back of house will appreciate the time-savings and safety of toppings that are fully cooked.
We are excited to show off this sausage’s outstanding flavor, texture and appearance. If you would like to try this great sausage and boost your profits, visit us at http://www.BurkeCorp.com to request a sample.
Antipasto Sausage Skewers featuring Fully Cooked Sausage from Burke
A skewer filled with Mild & Spicy Italian Sausage, artichoke hearts, olives, cherry tomatoes and red onions. Baked in a pizza oven, then drizzled with Italian dressing and served with red pepper Asiago cheese and pepperoncini.
Also try Fully Cooked Sausages in pizza, wraps, calzones, pasta dishes, soups and casseroles.
Start with our menu ideas; then add your inspiration to create signature recipes that keep your customers coming back for more.
FEATURED RECIPE | Cuban Medianoche Pizza
Yield: 14” pizza
Combine mayonnaise, mustard and Italian dressing in a small bowl; spread evenly over pizza shell, up to ½-inch of edge. Sprinkle 3 oz of Swiss and 3 oz of mozzarella over pizza. Layer pork, ham and pickles evenly over cheese. Top with the remaining cheeses. Place in preheated 450° F conventional or pizza oven and bake 12-18 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
Looking for new ideas to liven up your menu? Look no further. We have 11 new pizza ideas for 2011, based on an annual report of restaurant trends by the National Restaurant Association.
- Teriyaki Rice Pizza: Chicken strips sautéed with broccoli, carrots, celery and onions in a teriyaki sauce; spread on crispy rice crust—made with rice, an egg and mozzarella cheese
- Peach & Pecan Pizza: Chicken strips, sharp cheddar cheese, peaches and pecans on an oil-brushed crust; drizzled with balsamic vinegar
- Spaghetti & Meatball Pizza: Italian-style meatballs, red peppers and mushrooms tossed in a mixture of spaghetti sauce and pureed carrots; spread over a thin layer of spaghetti noodles on a pizza crust and topped with mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- Deconstructed Eggroll Pizza: Pork sausage, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, water chestnuts, olive oil and soy sauce; drizzled with sweet and sour sauce
- Sunnyside Up Egg Pizza: Breakfast sausage and goat cheese, topped with a sunnyside egg on an oil-brushed crust
- Antipasto Pizza: Salami, pepperoni, artichokes, red peppers, black olives, garlic, tomatoes, oregano and parsley tossed with Italian dressing and topped with feta cheese
- A Pizza Taco: Italian sausage, seasoned ground beef, pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers and onions on a 12-inch flatbread; bake with flatbread folded over like a taco and top with lettuce, taco sauce and sour cream when out of oven
- Croque Madame Pizza: Ham and gruyere cheese , topped with an egg on an oil-brushed crust
- Surprise Crust Pizza: Italian sausage, mushrooms, green peppers, onions and pizza sauce on a crust with bacon rolled in the edges
- Perfect Pear Pizza: Italian sausage, brie, pears and walnuts topped with romaine lettuce tossed in oil and red wine vinegar
- Kids Mac ‘N’ Cheese Pizza: Bacon and macaroni noodles, tossed in a cheese sauce and pureed squash; topped with cheddar cheese
Start with our pizza ideas; then add your inspiration to create signature recipes that keep your customers coming back for more. For more menu ideas, visit our recipe page at www.BurkeCorp.com/Recipes.
To continue this conversation, please leave us a comment at the bottom of this post or email us at BurkeBlog@BurkeCorp.com.
Whether it’s simple sausage, fruit or seafood – toppings can make or break your bottomline.
Knowing what toppings are both popular and profitable will help you make smart decisions, while learning how to sell those toppings effectively can help increase both your traffic and revenue.
In this 51 page guide, from Burke Corporation and PizzaMarketplace.com discover:
- Toppings make the bottom line
- Trends with a focus on the numbers
- Toppings profit, cost and use analysis
- Marketing your toppings
- Safe handling
- Meats, vegetables, fruits and seafood
- Healthful pizzas
- Multitasking ingredients across your menu
Go to PizzaMarketplace.com to download the New Profiting With Pizza Toppings Guide.
Tom Kimberley, Mid Central Regional Sales Manager, discusses the wide variety of fully cooked meats in Burke Corporation’s product line and how pre-cooked meats can be added across your menu – pizza, salads, soups, sandwiches and appetizers. For more ideas, visit http://info.burkecorp.com/Meat-Your-Ideas-Blog/?Tag=Menu+Ideas
Americans love their pizza. And according to the 2010 Pizza Consumer Trend Report from Technomic, it seems that they all love the same pizza—pepperoni and mushroom with marinara sauce on a hand-tossed crust. However, even though America’s favorite pizza toppings apparently transcend geography, personal preferences and new trends can create a point of differentiation.
While at first it may appear that pizzerias need serve only pepperoni pizza, there is strong interest in ordering a variety of other pizza combinations. (See Table 1.) While pepperoni is indeed the favorite meat topping, sausage is a very close second with ground beef also being popular. The same story can be told for many of the other components, such as the crust—where besides hand-tossed, deep dish/pan, thin and stuffed are among the more popular types. And in addition to mozzarella for topping a pizza, parmesan, cheddar, Monterey jack, provolone and Romano also have a strong following.
While rarely listed as the favorite pizza topping, garlic stood out as a common theme across the whole pie, and across the whole country. With crust, sauce and topping options like garlic, garlic parmesan, garlic and herbs, or roasted garlic; there are more than enough ways to add this flavorful favorite to the menu.
Beyond America’s favorite pizza toppings, there are notable trends emerging across the country. Although currently more popular in the West, consumers nationwide are looking more often for better-for-you pizza; with increased interest in organic pizza toppings, whole wheat crusts and more vegetable toppings. Along with the interest in healthier pizzas, there has been an increased preference for locally-sourced and fresh ingredients.
Even though Americans as a whole prefer the same basic pizza, individuals are likely to order or create their own favorite pizza based on a variety of pizza components available on the menu. And with upcoming trends such as healthier pizzas and garlic flavors, spreading across different regions, consumers can hope to find their favorite pizzas anywhere they go.
|Table 1. U.S. Consumer Nationwide Pizza Preferences|
|Source: Technomic, Inc., 2010, The Pizza Consumer Trend Report|
||Percent of consumers who would consider ordering…
||Whole wheat, flatbread, low carb
||Garlic, garlic parmesan, meat-based sauce, roasted garlic
||Alfredo, BBQ, buffalo, chunky vegetable, mushroom-based sauce, olive oil, pesto, spicy
||Cheddar, Monterey jack, provolone, Romano
||Asiago, feta, ricotta
||Sausage, ground beef
||Bacon, Canadian bacon, chicken, ham, meatball
||Chicken sausage or pepperoni, chorizo, prosciutto, roast beef, salami, shrimp, steak
||Black olives, garlic, green peppers, tomatoes, pineapple, red onions, red peppers, spinach
||Artichokes, banana peppers, basil, broccoli, green olives, jalapeño peppers
There’s only one way to top off you menu—and that’s your way!
With Burke’s broad selection of sausage and pork toppings you’ll be able to find just the right combination of flavor, size and appearance to meet your menu needs. And Burke meats are fully cooked, saving time at the make table and allowing you to turn tables faster. Top off your pizza and other menu items with Burke sausage crumbles or pork toppings and you’ll top your competition every time!
- Highest quality ingredients for fresh, authentic flavor
- Wide variety of flavor profiles ranging from mild to spicy and Italian to breakfast
- Broad selection of sizes available: from a small crumble for maximum coverage to a large chunk for a generous and meaty appearance
Try Burke Fully Cooked Sausage & Pork Toppings in pizza, calzones, pasta dishes, sandwiches, appetizers, soups, signature menu items and breakfast entrees.
Burke Corporation has partnered with Brand Points PLUS to reward you and your operation for buying the top quality products you use everyday.
With over 25 foodservice partners Brand Points PLUS is a simple reward program supported by the manufacturers of foodservice supplies—and best of all it is FREE for you to enroll.
All you have to do is purchase qualifying top quality products, submit your points and redeem your rewards – including everything from digital thermometers and sauce pans to LCD televisions and Ipod® Touch – even fryers and ovens.
To get started just follow these few easy steps:
- Join for FREE at http://www.brandpointsplus.com/EnrollNow.asp
- Buy participating brands – for a list of qualifying products visit Burke Corporation’s Brand Points PLUS qualifying products
- Submit purchase verification by mailing distributor invoices to Brand Points PLUS in Becker, MN
- Redeem your rewards at http://www.brandpointsplus.com/Rewards.asp
For more information about qualifying Burke fully cooked meats contact your salesperson or complete our sample request form.